As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Apple Pudding Pie
Earlier I told you about our apple sauce recipe and we absolutely love it. I actually ate a whole jar in one sitting. It is so yummy and highly nutritious for lunch! It puts store-bought apple sauce to shame.
Benefits of Apple Sauce:
1. Reduce cellular aging as apples have been shown to reduce the damaging effects of free radicals in your cells and organs. This is a common problem for older people.
2. Improve your digestion as it contains a lot of insoluble fiber, but to obtain it you have to leave the peel on in the recipe. This promotes good intestinal transit and healthy bowel movements. It is perfect for people who are suffering from constipation. However, to maximize its effects you should also be drinking a lot of water.
3. Restore your appetite as it is often given to those that are sick, elderly, or recovering from illnesses.
4. Satisfy hunger as one cup of unsweetened applesauce only contains 100 calories. For a lot of people, that’s enough to go a few hours without eating or the temptation to snack on something unhealthy.
Apple Sauce & Pie Mixed Together:
Well, I had made so much apple sauce and then the boys asked for an apple pie. So, I have come up with an apple pudding pie recipe and it was very delicious!
I have made chocolate, oreo, and banana pudding pie in the past, but it was time for a new masterpiece. It was such a good treat!
Ingredients for Apple Pudding Pie:
- Vanilla Pudding
- Milk (soy & almond do not always work the best)
- Graham cracker pie crust
- Apple Sauce
- Cool whip
With only 5 ingredients it made it a super quick recipe to make at naptime while Luke was sleeping and then for all of us to try after dinner.
Apple Pudding Pie
- 1 c Homemade Applesauce
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust Shell
- 1 pkg Jello Vanilla Pudding
- 2 c Milk
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- Spread the apple sauce across the bottom of the pie crust and place aside.
- Combine the Jello Vanilla Pudding mix with Milk. Once well-combined dump on top of the apple sauce in the pie crust.
- Top the pie off with Cool Whip and then refrigerate for 3-hours.
- OPTIONAL: Can top the pie with graham cracker crumbs or vanilla wafer crumbs.
Be sure to check to out other recipes as more are being added all the time.