As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Countdown to Christmas
Christmas is a big time for families and retailers. However, you can make a lot of stuff at home without spending much at all.
What is a Charger Plate?
A charger plate is larger than the dinner plate, yet smaller than a platter. Most commonly used at a formal establishment, banquet, wedding, or fine dining establishment. The charger plate is placed at each place setting and generally removed when the main entrée is served. Food is normally not placed on the charger plate as it most often used a decorative feature.
Why are charger plates used?
Charger plates have a practical purpose besides the fact that they provide elegance. They also protect the table and tablecloth from becoming dirty during use. Charger plates can catch pieces of food, and prevent spills and messes that would otherwise stain the tablecloth or flow onto the table.
Do you have leftover charger plates?
You can get charger plates from the Dollar Store as I did, but you will often find them used at fancy weddings or formal places. However, I know some that have bought them for there wedding and now they have a ton of them sitting around in a basement or attic.
Today, I am going to share with you how to make a homemade DIY countdown to Christmas sign just by using a Cricut machine, a charger plate, and some clothespins.
Directions on Making a Countdown to Christmas with a Charger Plate:
- Pick up Charger plate at Walmart, Dollar Store, Craft store, or even if you have one just lying around.
- With a Cricut machine, you can print out the vinyl as here is the link. If you don’t have a Cricut machine, but you want to create this just let me know and I can make it and ship it to you for a small fee.
- Place on the charger plate and then just add the numbers to the clothespins for the countdown.
Other Uses for Charger Plates
The elegance of a charger plate does not need to be restricted to just dining. Here are some additional uses for your chargers:
- Used as a tray or platter to pass around small appetizers or desserts, but make sure to place a doily or a linen napkin on top of the charger when coming in contact with food.
- Group pillar candles together to create an elegant centerpiece.
- Set floral centerpieces on top of chargers to create a colorful base.
If you would like to see other crafts with clothespins, click here.