This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
DIY: Medal Holder
I really wanted a place to hang all my medals from running and put them on display. This is become a huge accomplishment for me after the last few years. I have been really happy with all the races I have done and each one has a great memory. I realized I have lost some medals along the way, but that is okay. I am hoping that due to me making this do-it-yourself (DIY) medal holder they will stay put and be a constant reminder of the accomplishments I have made.
Each time I run a race I see all different variations of people that inspire me to keep running regardless of any more obstacles that may get in my way. I have run races for cancer, wounded warriors, and just for fun. Every single one is a different experience, but everyone out there participating is doing it to support something and to be healthier by staying active.
In order to make your own DIY: Medal Holder you will need the following:
- Ipurchased the paint that I wrote “run” in at Wal-mart. It is an acrylic paint with high gloss to give it a more finished look.
- The hooks pictured here are double prong and were purchased through Amazon.
- Mix the Media Wooden Pallet Board
- I purchased this at Wal-mart already put together, because it makes it a lot quicker for me to make what I want from it during nap time when my boys are resting.
- Use a pencil to write out what you want it to say so you can have a template and make marks where the hooks will be.
Be careful where you hang! We happened to drill a hole through our drainpipe in the wall that is for our toilet upstairs. An easy hanging project became a big hole in the wall to repair the pipe before we could actually hang anything.
(I know I have mentioned before it is never a dull moment here and I am sure you can see why.)