The History of Momma’s Dump Cake:
My mother passed away when I was very young of cancer. I was raised just by my father which he kept all my mothers recipes and he passed them down to me when I moved out of the house. You never know how much that could meant since when I had my boys I enjoy cooking more of her recipes then I ever did before. Its an amazing feeling that you can make the same thing your parents made for you.
This recipe is one of hers that she called dump cake. It is a recipe we make very often in our home now since it is EASY to make. The boys love trying to spread everything around to make it even and then eating it of course!
The Feedback of Momma’s Dump Cake:
It is often so good that it evaporates very quickly, and people request it for cookouts all the time! Presentation is not always the best, but heck it is called a Dump Cake. All it must do is taste good. Presentation is not always everything.
It’s so good that it can satisfy a chocolate, sweet or even a cake craving.
Momma's Dump Cake
- 1 box Cake Mix You can use pretty much any type of cake mix. Sometimes I use Yellow and other times Devils Food Cake mix.
- 20 oz Can of Pineapple Tidbits DO NOT DRAIN
- 20 oz Can of Cherry Pie Filling You can substitute Apple or Blueberry to but the Cherry is my favorite
- 1/2-1 stick Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Spread the undrained pineapple tidbits on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Dump the Cherry (Apple or Blueberry) pie filling on top and try to spread around evenly.
- Spread the dry yellow cake mix on top and try to make as level as possible.
- Melt the butter a little and them place on top. I recommend trying to spread around the best as you can.
- Bake in the oven for 50-55min, until top is golden.
Want other ideas for a Dump Cake? Check out Betty Crocker.
Please let me know which ones you try or some new concoctions! There seems to be so many YUMMY ones!