Grandma’s Steamed Cauliflower
This steamed cauliflower recipe is from my grandmother who passed away a few years ago due to Alzheimer’s. She left me with tons of great memories and the goals to be able to cook for my family the way she did.
It is an honor to be to share some of my favorite childhood recipes that she used to make me when I was growing up. I would always look forward to Wednesday nights eating at my grandparents. However, times have changed, and we do not live near any family, but our neighbors have become family.
My kids never liked cauliflower until I made them this. I do not know anyone that has tried it and not enjoyed it! Sometimes without trying it, my boys tell me they don’t like it. After one bite they clean their plate. Mommy wins as the kids then ask for more!
It’s very easy to make with only three ingredients needed. This is absolutely a quick recipe for those nights when you really don’t want to cook. For me, that tends to be happening more and more lately. You could whip this up in under 30mins to have a nutrient and flavorful side dish to any meal.
- Pot to steam the cauliflower in and another pot to melt the butter
Ingredients for Grandma’s Steamed Cauliflower:
- Italian Bread Crumbs
- Stick of butter
- Head of Cauliflower
Grandma's Steamed Cauliflower
- Steaming pot
- Small pt
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1/2 c Italian breadcrumbs You can use other breadcrumbs, but it will change the taste.
- 1 stick Butter
- Wash the cauliflower and cut the stalk with leaves off the best you can. Then place in steamer pot on medium to low heat.
- In a small pot melt 1 stick of butter and mix in 1/2c of Italian breadcrumbs.
- Check the cauliflower with a fork to see if it is tender. If so remove from the heat.
- Dump the butter and breadcrumb mixture over top. Enjoy!
Do you have a favorite childhood recipe? Please share below in the comments! I love trying new things so trying new foods is definitely fun.