As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The boys and I decided to go to the farmer’s market on Saturday morning, here in Virginia. There were beautiful fresh-looking blueberries out that we could not resist picking up a few containers of and helping a local farmer out. The flavor fresh blueberries straight from the farm can not be beaten!
We had no plans yet for these blueberries, but I knew I would come up with something with the 4th of July approaches. However, this recipe would be good for just about any occasion.
I woke up Sunday morning and decided we should use the blueberries and make a Lemon Blueberry Loaf for breakfast. It was so fresh with the blueberries and zesty with the hint of lemon inside made it refreshing.
You can add a glaze to the top if you wish and make this lemon blueberry loaf sweeter. However, because my kids get a little crazy when they have too much sugar I didn’t put it on. Syrup on pancakes and waffles is sometimes a little overkill, and my patience can be shot by 9 am. However, if you would like to place a zesty lemon glaze to accent the fresh lemon in your loaf, here is a link to a friend and fellow bloggers recipe for a great one.
It is so crisp, fresh, moist, and oh so very tasty! It would be great with a nice cup of tea or fresh coffee. For my boys, that would be milk. Their piece of the loaf was gone so quickly that they were back asking for seconds before I finished my firsts.
Freezes well so you can make double the recipe and have it for a special occasion if needed.
Bake me now or pin me for later:
Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- 1 1/2 c All-purpose flour
- 1 c Fresh or Frozen Blueberries We used fresh from the farmers market.
- 1/2 c 2% Milk
- 1/3 c Butter, melted
- 1 c Sugar
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the blueberries using a spatula.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 8x4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
I hope you enjoy it! I have also made some healthy blueberry muffins that you may enjoy too!
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.