As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The History of Mother’s Day
In 1914, Woodrow Wilson signed a proclamation designating Mother’s Day, held on the second Sunday in May, as a national holiday to honor mothers. Although Jarvis was successful in founding Mother’s Day, she became resentful of the commercialization of the holiday.
My Mother’s Day Thoughts:
I am a mom that prefers a fun-filled day with the kids laughing and making memories. I don’t ever want to have something that could break for instance jewelry or flowers that could die. My memory may not be the best, but it is something I will always carry around so why not fill it with happy times with the people I love.
- Take Mom out to eat and hopefully, the toddlers will be good. It never fails when we go out to eat I run out of tricks in my bag if there is a long wait or any type of delay.
- Go to the zoo. I call my kids monkeys already so why not go see them? Maybe get some ice cream and ride on a merry-a-g0-round.
- Go see a movie together as a family or see a chick flick with your girlfriend.
- Mini-Vacation planning to a theme park such as Disney, Universal Studios, Epcot, Kings Dominion, or Busch Gardens.
Other options that don’t cost a dime!
If you are like me trying to cut costs is HUGE! Especially since I still have 1 in diapers. Here are some alternatives that are FREE below. All you need is a little creativity!
- Breakfast in bed.
- Handprint crafts – here is some saved on my Pinterest Board.
- Do chores around the house to allow her more ME-time.
- Write something like a poem or your favorite memories.
- Family game night- Monopoly, UNO, Bingo, and more! There are tons of classic games that would be great for bonding.
- Make her favorite dinner
Common Mother’s Day Gifts:
- Flowers – bought or freshly picked.
- Spa day or pampering supplies
- Coffee cups and/or specialized coffee
- An outfit that she has been looking at, but won’t buy herself.
Things that don’t last, but that some Moms may LOVE though you may want to be cautious:
- New cleaning tools
- Vacuum or carpet shampooer
- Norwex – Cleaning with water supplies! I LOVE Norwex so I really wouldn’t mind these as gifts!
- Kitchen equipment
- Keurig Coffee Machine
- Espresso machine
- Air Fryer
- Pressure Cooker (InstaPot)
Some Mother’s Day Quick Links: Amazon
Want to read other articles regarding Mother’s Day Ideas? See the list below!
- Speaking of cents– What I really want for Mother’s Day
- Lets Mama – Gift ideas for the newly expecting momma.
- Four to Love – Make moms days easier tips!