As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My husband ran to the grocery store and picked up buy one get one free strawberry. I also had picked up some from Costco. We had so many strawberries, so I was trying to figure out what to make with all of the ones I had. I was thinking of breakfast bread or some cookies.
We decided to have a little get together at our house. I said I would make a dessert, so it made it the most convenient time to make some of these fresh strawberry cookies.
Best decision because the first batch disappeared in less than 24-hours. Two days later, after going back to work from a 4-day weekend, I decided it was time to make them again before they go bad. My dad was here this time, and he even got to be a taste tester.
Were fresh strawberries used to make Strawberry cookies?
Yes, I do not recommend frozen for the following recipes due to frozen berries will not provide the correct consistency.
How to make Strawberry Cookies from Scratch:
It was pretty easy. I used my standard Sugar Cookie mix recipe that has been passed down to me from my mother. I added 1-1/2 cups of fresh strawberries. Blended well and then staring, placing them on the pan for baking.
Please see the recipe further down with more directions.
How to make Strawberry Cookies with Cake Mix:
You’ll need the following: Cake mix (Vanilla cake mix (18.25oz) is the best!), two eggs (size large), and 1/2 cup of oil (I used vegetable oil). Then 1 1/2 cups of sliced strawberries.
Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth before adding in the strawberries. Then mix in until evenly incorporated.
Using a spoon scoop portions of the dough onto prepared cookie sheets two inches apart.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until lightly golden on the edges for the cookies.
Allow the cookies to cool on a baking sheet for approximately 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
What type of flour is best?
I have made them with either bleached white flour or whole wheat flour. Both taste good!
- 2 3/4 c Flour
- 1 1/2 c White Sugar
- 1 c Softened Butter 2 sticks
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/4- 1 1/2 c Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, sugar, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, vanilla, and butter. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Add in the strawberries, but prevent from over mixing them in.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Please pin this recipe for later baking. I sincerely hope you enjoy these cookies because they are now an absolute favorite within our home.