As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bless the Mess: Momma’s Cleaning
Spring cleaning started about a month ago and is in full swing! However, have a family with children or without any time of year you are constantly cleaning up something.
As many of you know, I am a Norwex Independent Sales Consultant. I do not like to use chemicals at all in my home so I use alternative ways to clean. Most being Norwex products, but some just being vinegar and water. Did you that there are over 85,000 in existence, but only 200 have been tested by the Environment Protective Agency (EPA).
I separate my spring cleaning into a weekly chart so it is not so overwhelming to get done all at once. I also do my common cleaning which you will see under every week or every day below. There is no need to bless the mess any longer.
- Wipe down counters and tables – This I actually do several times a day, but that is life with kids for sure. (I do use the Norwex Kitchen Cloths during the day and do a nightly wipe down with a Norwex EnviroCloth).
- Clean dishes – I absolutely can not stand waking up to a sink full of dishes.
- Laundry – I do a load of wash every day to about every other day. When it becomes too much all together I feel overwhelmed. I just need a folding fairy. That would be absolutely AMAZING!
- Picking-up – I am constantly picking up something and putting it back in its place. I should just make a pile in the corner… then if it is there long enough it can be donated. 🙂
Every Week Cleaning GOAL:
- Sweep all the floors – What can I say my hair falls out and having kids there is tons of crumbs and dirt.
- Mop all floor – I LOVE my Norwex mop for this. It saves me so much time and money since I just get the pad wet! No more expensive Swiffer pads or chemicals that you walk on and can be absorbed into your body through your skin. (CDC- Explains More)
- Consolidate all trash and take it to the curb for trash pick-up. Our trash pick-up day is Tuesday, so every Monday I do this.
- Vacuum all carpeted areas and entry mats.
- Cleaning bathrooms – This is a dreaded task with a husband and 2 boys with 1 potty training, but I hear it’s still the same regardless of age.
- Change sheets and sanitize your mattress.
Week 1: KITCHEN MESSES NO MORE
- Clean appliances (Norwex Oven & Grill Cleaner).
- Clean under appliances.
- Organize and discard any items that are old or expired food items. If canned goods some places will take it as they are classified as non-perishable.
Week 2: FIRE HAZARDS
- Clean Exterior Lint Trap – It cuts down on drying costs and prevents fires. (I do use the Norwex EnviroWand for this and the inside lint trap of my dryer to prevent build up.)
- Clean out your fireplace and have it properly inspected if you should have one.
- Change furnace filters.
Week 3: WINDOW SHINE
- Using a dusting cloth or dusting mitt wipe down all screens.
- Using a Norwex Window Cloth or paper towels and Windex clean all windows and the tracks.
- Repair any screens that have holes in them.
- Wash curtains and draperies.
Week 4: DUSTING & WALLS
- Dust all surfaces including fans, tv cabinets, nightstands, dressers, and more. (Norwex Dusting Mitt and Norwex EnviroWand). Norwex has kids dusting mitts so my boys help with the dusting.
- Scrub all the baseboards all around the house.
- Wipe down the wall and light switches (Norwex EnviroCloth).
- Wipe down doors and the door tops (Norwex EnviroCloth).
Week 5: PAINTING
- Touch up any scratches on furniture with furniture polish (I absolutely love Old English)
- Touch up and spots on the walls with paint or spackle any nail holes
Week 6: FLOORS/CARPETS
- Shampoo all carpets or have them professionally done.
- Wash all area rugs or throw rugs. (You wouldn’t believe how much fresher your house will smell.)
Week 7: BEDROOM & OFFICE
- Go through all the dressers and donate any clothes not needed to others in need. I donate some to a homeless shelter and some to a women’s shelter. I then donate any remaining items to Goodwill.
- Rotate bed and/or flip the mattress to ensure it lasts longer.
- Clean out your nightstand and get rid of unnecessary things.
- Go through the file cabinet and discard anything not needed or shred.
- Clean out desk drawers of any unnecessary items and shred, if needed
Week 8: BATHROOM
- Re-caulk shower or bathtub, if needed.
- Clean out under the cabinets.
- Get rid of old makeup, nail polish or body care items that you don’t need. (These are good items to donate to homeless shelters and women’s shelters).
- Discard any old medications or vitamins.
You have completed my 8-Week Bless The Mess Spring Cleaning Challenge! You now have succeeded and there is no longer a mess.
Want to see my top Norwex products? Click here!