As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This zesty and beautiful cranberry lemon cake will keep your taste buds alive with the zing of the fresh lemon zest accompanied with fresh cranberries. The whole wheat gives you added fiber, and more so you don’t have the guilt after having a slice of this heavenly cake.
What are the nutritional differences between dried cranberries vs. fresh?
Per WebMD, a serving is 1 cup of raw berries or a quarter cup of dried. Nutritionally, those servings are different because the dried berries have more sugar.
A cup of raw cranberries vs. a quarter cup of dried fruit contains:
What are the benefits of Cranberries?
- They help with urinary tract health
- May help with gut health
- They keep your mouth healthy
- Good for your heart
- Fights cancer
- For weightloss
- Lung inflammation
The benefits of Whole Wheat:
- Good for your bones
- Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Powerful Antioxidant
- Diabetic Friendly
- Good for Brain
- Rich in Folic Acid
- Helps prevent Anemia
- Good for your skin
- Good for your eyes
- It provides an excellent energy source for your body.
Want to read more, click here.
Whole Wheat Cranberry Lemon Cake
- 3 c whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1 c butter, softened 2 sticks of butter
- 1 1/2 c Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 c 2% milk
- 2 c dried cranberries or 1 (16oz) bag of fresh
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bundt cake pan
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lemon juice and zest.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in cranberries
- Pour into bundt cake pan and back for 50-55 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Allow 10 minutes to cool before removing from pan and moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon over the bread before placing on wire racks to cool completely
- You can add 1-cup of some white chocolate chips
- Add 1c of chopped walnuts for added nutrition
I hope you enjoy this cake because we did so much that I will be making another one to take for Thanksgiving. You don’t need a special event or holiday to make this cake, though. This cake would be perfect year-round with the taste of fresh and zest.
Please share with the social buttons below. Comment and let me know if you have made it. I would love to know your thoughts.