As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Going to the pool this summer is a great way to pass the time, but don’t forget safety first. Then all the necessities to fill your pool bag with momma’s. The last thing you want to do is get to the pool to realize you forgot something important behind, which means you may have to go back home.
Having a list of all you pool essentials makes it virtually inevitable, that will leave anything behind. Plus, the following list is printer-friendly.
Always pack the following in you Pool Bag:
- Swimsuit and cover-up if you need to run to the bathroom or the concessions. I will provide some of my favorites below.
- Sunscreen to protect your skin. Use one with a minimum of SPF 30 and reapply every two hours, more frequently if you’re in the water.
- Sandals, as often the cement around the pool, can get hot. Let alone you don’t want to bare feet in a public bathroom. (Gross!)
- Hat to protect the delicate skin on your face and scalp.
- Sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun, as well as the glare from the sun off the water. You only get one set of eyes in life so protect them as much as possible
- Towels to dry off before getting back in the car if you don’t have a chance to change beforehand.
- A change of clothes in the event of an emergency.
- Floats & Goggles
- Snacks/food to fight off the angry, hungry monsters kids often become.
- First Aid Kit as kids are prone to cuts and scrapes.
The boys and I try to go to the pool weekly. The number one thing I never forget is bathing suits and sunscreen. The most common thing I do forget is towels. I would forget the toys, hats, and floats if I didn’t keep them in the car.