This post contains affiliate links. If you click and buy, I may make a commission, at no cost to you. See my disclosure policy for more information.
The History of Mother’s Day
In 1914, Woodrow Wilson signed a proclamation designating Mother’s Day, held on the second Sunday in May, as a national holiday to honor mothers. Although Jarvis was successful in founding Mother’s Day, she became resentful of the commercialization of the holiday.
My Mother’s Day Thoughts:
I am a mom that prefers a fun-filled day with the kids laughing and making memories. I don’t ever want to have something that could break for instance jewelry or flowers that could die. My memory may not be the best, but it is something I will always carry around so why not fill it with happy times with the people I love.
- Take Mom out to eat and hopefully, the toddlers will be good. It never fails when we go out to eat I run out of tricks in my bag if there is a long wait or any type of delay.
- Go to the zoo. I call my kids monkeys already so why not go see them? Maybe get some ice cream and ride on a merry-a-go-round.
- Go see a movie together as a family or see a chick flick with your girlfriend.
- Mini-Vacation planning to a theme park such as Disney, Universal Studios, Epcot, Kings Dominion, or Busch Gardens.
Mother’s Day Gifts that Don’t Cost a Dime!
If you are like me trying to cut costs is HUGE! Especially since you may have one still in diapers or may have suffered from. Here are some alternatives that are FREE below. All you need is a little creativity!
- Breakfast in bed.
- Handprint crafts
- Do chores around the house to allow her more ME-time.
- Write something like a poem or your favorite memories.
- Family game night- Monopoly, UNO, Bingo, and more! There are tons of classic games that would be great for bonding.
- Make her favorite dinner
The Best Mother’s Day Gifts:
Flowers – bought or freshly picked
Spa day or pampering supplies
Coffee cups and/or specialized coffee
An outfit that she has been looking at, but won’t buy herself.
Things that don’t last, but that some Moms may LOVE though you may want to be cautious:
- Vacuum or carpet shampooer
- Keurig Coffee Machine
- Espresso machine
- Air Fryer
- Pressure Cooker (InstaPot)
I thoroughly hope you enjoyed this detailed list and if you have anything you think moms would like please let me know so I can add to this.