As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Things to do in Spring with a Toddler
Spring is such a beautiful time of year as you can finally get outside and have some fun after a cold winter. Spring and Fall are my favorite times of the year. There are so many fun activities that you can do in the Spring with toddlers that really don’t cost a lot.
Here is a list of some of the fun things my Irish twins and I did during Spring.
- Go to See and Do:
- Pick fruits and berries
- Go to the park and have a picnic, feed the ducks, and more.
- Visit the Zoo, a Museum or a local Aquarium
- Go camping or hiking even at night and see the fireflies
- Visit your local farmers market
- In another post, I talk about Cheap Summer Vacation ideas, all of which you could also do in the spring.
- Garden Ideas:
- Plant vegetables and fruits
- Plant some seeds or flowers
- Redo your garden beds or add some curb appeal
- Build a Fairy Garden
- Decorate your own flower pots
- Celebrate Dr. Seuss Birthday on March 2nd
- Make a Dr. Seuss Hat.
- Green eggs and ham for breakfast or on construction paper
- Cut out Fish and color Red and Blue Fish for his book One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish.
- Make Turtles from egg cartons for his book Yertle the Turtle.
- Read books about Spring and Easter:
- The Velveteen Rabbit
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit
- The Tale of Benjamin Bunny
- The Runaway Bunny
- Pat the Bunny
- Bunny Cakes
- Dye Easter Eggs
- Make Bunny Ears
- Make a bird feeder
- Painting rocks
- Make Sun Catchers
- Paint with squirt guns
- Blow Bubbles
- Play Hide-and-Seek
- Scavenger Hunt for flowers or bugs
- Learn how to ride a bike
- Swing on a swing
- Dig in the sand for magic treasures
What are your favorite things to do in Spring? Need more suggestions? I love Pinterest and they have so many great ideas.