This post contains affiliate links. If you click and buy, I may make a commission, at no cost to you. See my disclosure policy for more information.
Spring is such a beautiful time of year as you can finally get outside. Spring and Fall are my favorite times of the year due to the weather is being comfortable and the flowers are blossoming. Fresh air is so important for your health and wellbeing so I have decided to make a list of some of the things we enjoy, but that doesn’t cost a lot.
When is Spring?
Spring often starts in the middle of March through the middle of June yearly. It is often the most comfortable time temperature-wise on the east coast of the US.
Here is a list of some of the fun things we do during Spring.
Go to See and Do:
- Pick fruits and berries
- Go to the park and have a picnic, feed the ducks, and play on the playground
- Visit the Zoo, a Museum, or a local Aquarium
- Visit a local farm and see the animal
- Go camping
- Go fishing and learn about the great outdoors.
- Visit your local farmers market
- See the Cherry Blossoms
- In another post, I talk about Cheap Summer Vacation ideas, all of which you could also do in the spring.
- Plant vegetables and fruits
- Plant some seeds or flowers
- Redo your garden beds or add some curb appeal
- Build a Fairy Garden
- Decorate your own flower pots or stepping stones
Celebrate Dr. Seuss Birthday on March 2nd
- Make a Dr. Seuss Hat.
- Green eggs and ham for breakfast or on construction paper
- Cut out Fish and color Red and Blue Fish for his book One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish.
- Make Turtles from egg cartons for his book Yertle the Turtle.
Read books about Spring and Easter:
- The Velveteen Rabbit
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit
- The Tale of Benjamin Bunny
- The Runaway Bunny
- Pat the Bunny
- Bunny Cakes
Crafts for Spring
- Dye Easter Eggs
- Make Bunny Ears
- Make a bird feeder
- Painting rocks
- Paint a Birdhouse and hang it outside
- Make Sun Catchers
- Paint with squirt guns
Activities for Spring:
- Blow Bubbles
- Play Hide-and-Seek
- Scavenger Hunt for flowers or bugs
- Learn how to ride a bike, scooter, or skateboard
- Swing on a swing
- Fly a kite
- Learn a new sport: Soccer, Golf, Throwing a Frisbie, etc.
- Dig in the sand for magic treasures
- Play with sidewalk chalk
- Go puddle jumping in the rain puddles after the rain stops.
- Go to the pool if it is warm enough or do a water table.
- You can make your own water table by using a tote and adding some bath toys to it.
- Make a toy wash where your kids scrub their toys and lay them out in the sun to dry.
- Go for a jog or hiking even at night and see the fireflies
What are your favorite things to do in Spring?
Need more suggestions? I love Pinterest and they have so many great ideas.
Other posts you may like: