This post contains affiliate links. If you click and buy, I may make a commission, at no cost to you. See my disclosure policy for more information.
It’s no secret that the air inside your home is often worse for you than the air outside. That’s because indoor air can contain more pollutants such as dust, pollen, dander, bacteria, and mold spores than outdoor air.
We’ve been spending so much time at home over the past year. With two boys and a dog, I’ve become increasingly aware of the importance of our indoor air quality.
The good news is there are steps we can take to improve their indoor air quality and create a healthier space for ourselves and our family members.
11 Steps Homeowners can take to improve their Indoor Air Quality
Did you know, research shows that the air in our homes can be up to 5 times more polluted than the air outdoors.
- Install a high-quality air filter on your central heating/cooling system and replace it every one to three months to keep the system operating efficiently.
- Make sure your air ducts are cleaned recurrently.
- Using a vacuum cleaner with a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter to draw allergens and other indoor air pollutants and replacing the air filter on your vacuum, as needed.
- Install an air purifier in your home to keep the indoor environment clean.
- Run a dehumidifier during the summer to prevent mold and mildew from growing inside your home.
- Use only cleaners, paints, adhesives, and building materials that are low in VOCs or contain no VOCs.
- Make sure new cabinets, furniture, and building materials such as plywood, particle board, and oriented strand board (OSB) used in your home are not made with adhesives that contain formaldehyde.
- Have your home tested for radon and carbon monoxide.
- Houseplants, such as a peace lily, philodendron, snake plant, dracaena, and bamboo palm can improve the quality of the air indoors by absorbing carbon dioxide and pollutants.
- Avoid using or air fresheners that contain artificial scents.
- Bathe and brush your pets outside frequently to prevent dander and hair buildup.
The Clarifion air purifier has been a game-changer in my household.
I was sold when they told me that the purifier releases negative ions that promote relaxation and reduce irritability from the air’s impurities. I’m here for that alone!
Clarifion is a filterless, “plug-and-play” air ionizer. It’s so easy to install, you just plug it into an outlet and it requires NO maintenance. There’s no filter to change and you just wipe it down monthly with a microfiber cloth. Super easy for our busy house and even has a blue hue to it when it is plugged in.
Negative ions are released from the air ionizer to latch onto particles, the ions attach to the airborne particles causing them to fall and not linger in the air.
This product has significantly helped our sneezing and runny nose problems! What pollen? I know that my family and I are breathing in fresh and clean air in our home. There are so many things that can cause headaches, irritation, and allergies and I’m confident that Clarifion is reducing those irritants greatly.
We placed one of the air filters in the boy’s bedroom and I’m convinced that it’s helping them get better sleep at night. The clean air in our home has endless benefits!
Click here to get 20% off discount today! Or use coupon code ASHLEY20.
What do you do to ensure you are providing the best air quality in your home? Let me know below in the comments.