As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You may say why no red dye? I understand it is Valentine’s day and the colors that you see everywhere are hues of pinks and reds. However, my son and I are allergic to red dye, so that this holiday can be a challenge for us. I do know that some parents try to limit the amount of red dye their children consume due to them acting out more. That said, I decided it would be best to do a round-up of come of the best treats without red dye.
Red Dye Allergy?
Red 40, also known as Allura Red, is the most commonly used red dye on the market. Some foods that aren’t red can sometimes contain Red 40, but the FDA has mandated that the type of dye be listed by name on food and product labels.
The Center for Science in the Public Interest released a study claiming Red 40 can cause allergic reactions in some people, such as hives and facial swelling. It is precisely what Jack and I suffer from when consumed. We have been lucky with a light amount of sprinkles, but overdoing it is a problem.
The Meaning of Valentine’s Day:
Per the dictionary, Valentine’s Day celebrates romantic love, making it a popular day for couples to spend together. It is traditionally associated with red hearts, romance, flowers, candy, or other sweet things, and the exchange of heartfelt cards that are called valentines.
I hope you enjoy it and remember Valentine’s day is about showing love to others that mean the world to you. It is not about monetary value.
If you are not ready to bake, please pin to save for later. I have them set-up in different sections to help you get to a dessert you would like quicker.
Valentine’s Day Vegan Treats:
- Vegan Valentine’s Chocolate by Vegan Dollhouse
- Spicy Chocolate Bar Recipe by Mind Body and Spirit Wellbeing
- Vegan White Chocolate Truffles by Rhian’s Recipes
- Vegan Chocolate Pie by Crowded Kitchen
- Vegan Vanilla Cupcake with Pink Beet-Dyed Coconut Cream Frosting by Just Beet It
Valentine’s Day Keto Desserts:
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fat Bombs by Whispered Inspirations
- Keto French Silk Pudding by Two Sleevers
Gluten-Free Valentine’s Day Desserts:
- Healthy Chocolate Brownies by She Loves Biscotti
- Chocolate Cake by Two Sleevers
- Double Chocolate Chunk Brownie Cookies by Strength and Sunshine
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cherry Cookies by Strength and Sunshine
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by Strength and Sunshine
- Chocolate Raspberry Heartcakes by Strength and Sunshine
Valentine’s Day Cookies:
- Cookie Butter Cake Balls by Mommy Snippets
- Strawberry Cookies by The Anthony Kitchen
- Valentine’s Day Cookie Pops by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- The Best Jam Cookies by Pina Bresciani
- White Chocolate Dipped Valentine Madeleine Cookies by Urban Bliss Life
- Nutella Filled Sweetheart Cookies by Mommy Made That
- Easy Sugar Cookie Bars with Chocolate Ganache by Powered by Mom
Valentine’s Day Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Bites by All Ways Delicious
- Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes by She Loves Biscotti
- Fresh Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake Recipe by Kim and Kalee
- Chocolate Lava Cake by Everday Delicious
- Hot Fudge Pudding Cake by Simply Stacie
- Valentine’s Emoji Cupcakes by The Inspiration Edit
- Super Easy Poop Emoji Valentine’s Day Cupcakes by Whispered Inspirations
Valentine’s Day Truffles:
- Heart Cookie Dough Truffles by Ottawa Mommy Club
- Easy Strawberry Truffles by Bacon is Magic
- Oreo Truffles by Spend with Pennies
All other Valentine’s Day Desserts:
- Chocolate Souffle by Little Sweet Baker
- Sweatheart Brownies by Kathryns Kitchen Blog
- Heart-shaped Monkey Bread by Home Cooking Memories
- Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Brownies by Stefs Eats and Sweets
- Heart Churros with Nutella and Mascarpone Dipping Sauce by Pina Bresciani
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Everyday Delicious
- Easy Chocolate Pops by Snappy Gourmet
- Heart-Shaped Strawberry Pastries by Mommy Snippets
Are you not a baker? Are you the crafty one, or are you looking for Valentine’s Day printables? I went ahead and put together 50+ of my favorite Valentine’s Day Crafts, Printables, and Games. Check it out! I am sure you will enjoy it and get some inspiration.
I hope you and your sweetheart have a wonderful Valentine’s Day.