As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Summer is around the corner and many of us will be going to amusement parks and more! Disney raised its prices recently after not doing it for a few years. A trip to Disney is now between $4,000 to $10,000 that includes food, lodging, and park passes. In order to not make yourself go into debt for this trip, I would recommend saving in advance and booking the trip during off-peak times.
Off-peak times for Disney World:
Jan-Feb excluding New Year and September- mid-December during the weekdays, but not during Thanksgiving week.
Off-peak times for Disneyland:
Mid-January through mid-March and then mid-April to mid-May. Then mid-September through mid-November. However, mid-week Tuesday to Thursday tends to be less crowded.
Side Note: Kids three and under have FREE admission
Tips to save money on a Disney vacation:
- Bring an umbrella stroller for your toddler as there is a lot of walking and if they get too tired this will save your sanity. Also, don’t forget sunscreen and a portable fan especially if it is a really hot day. Nothing is worse than a hot, hungry, and tired toddler.
- Skip the park-hopper pass and do 1-park a day. Alternate days and spend time by the hotel pool to cut down on costs.
- Skip the meal plan and buy your own things at the local grocery store. Disney does allow you to bring outside food so this could save you a ton! Don’t forget to get bottled water since it will cost you 5x as much at the park. Toddlers live off snacks so if you pack your own then the only things you have to buy are the main courses.
- Disney resorts and hotels offer transportation to the parks for FREE and to the airport. It saves you by not having to pay $25 to $45 a day for parking if you were to drive and park. Another perk about staying at a Disney resort is you can get fast passes 60 days prior to your arrival vs somewhere else you get 30-days.
- Remember to purchase souvenirs items beforehand since it is a fraction of the cost than when you are there. Etsy would be a great site to check out to satisfy all your wishes.
Hope this is helpful and that you all have a wonderful SUMMER vacation! Do you have more tips and tricks to save money on a Disney vacation? Let me know! I would love to hear them!