This post contains affiliate links. If you click and buy, I may make a commission, at no cost to you. See my disclosure policy for more information.
The first Father’s Day was celebrated on June 19, 1910. It was not until 1972 that the day honoring fathers became a nationwide holiday in the United States. On the third Sunday of every June in the United States, children honor their fathers with cards, gifts, and more.
GIFT IDEAS FOR FATHER’S DAY:
For Father’s Day, I always have the roughest time deciding on gifts. I asked a few fathers to help contribute to this post to make it the most detailed so you can find that #1 perfect gift for your father, grandfather, or other remarkable men in your life. Each item was selected if it had the general purpose of making a father’s job easier daily.
- For the NEW dad on the GO! Every new dad wants their own masculine nappy (diaper) bag that is not with flowers and is more tactical. That is where the tactical diaper bag comes into play.
- For the Music Lover: How about a new set of headphones? My husband LOVES listening to music on them and taking calls when needed. He can have both hands free to help prepare dinner or handle any situation.
- For the Experience: Concert/ Comedy Show/ Sports tickets – as you will see below, the experience will never get lost like a material object. Plus, if you go with them and it’s your husband, it could also be like a date. (Yes, DATE! Hard to come by often after you have kids.)
- For Car Guy, I recommend some fresh car washing and detailing items to keep his vehicles shining! If you have a local car wash place you have heard positive reviews about, you could get a membership or a gift card there.
- For the Handyman: Do you have a gentleman that loves working with wood or tools? What about the father, that does all the repairs around the house? Does he need new supplies to make it easier to get the jobs done more efficiently so he can get back to family time?
- For the Outdoors Man: My husband LOVES fishing, boating, camping, and just about anything outdoors. You can freshen up his tackle box with new lures or fishing poles. A new fish finder for his boat or kayak. Even fresh camping supplies, such as a flashlight, lantern, radio, extendable marshmallow roasting sticks, and more!
- For the Beer Man: I have heard some feedback that their fathers and spouses LOVE beer, so I asked around. Some said they would love to try out a new brewery however if you like what they serve, why not save by bringing your growler to keep it fresher and longer?
- For the Grill Master: My husband, father, and others I know LOVE to grill. It tends to be a competition sometimes, it tastes better. However, to be a grill master, you need the proper equipment here are a few options as well as a nice new bamboo cutting board, claws to shred, and fresh grilling utensils.
- For the Golf Lover: Some dads would say a new set of irons or a day out golfing would be just what they need, but of course, they would love some FRESH gear to make it more fun and relaxing. If you are like me, who knows nothing about golf, my neighbor, a father, was ecstatic that he got new golf balls.
- Something personalized and handmade. Pinterest– You could even customize your mugs, classes, cozies, picture frames, and more!
- Something they would love but would never buy themselves. This may be tough, but think long and hard about it, and I am sure you will come up with something great!
- An experience because, as I have said before, material objects can disappear, but memories you never forget. I have listed a few ideas above.
- Kevin at Live a Blissful Life
- Jade at Its Jade Farhat
- At GoalGetters, they have even more of a list that is so detailed you will be amazed!
If none of the Father’s Day Gift Ideas above seem perfect, I would recommend the following three tips below:
Need some more recommendations? Please check out the following links from fellow bloggers, which provide great ideas for any particular male in your life.